We publish each week at our website selected content from the week’s Coin World print issue as well as content written specifically for the online audience.
In reverse order, here are five of the most popular articles we have published in the past week.
5. Some paper notes at Bank of England are ticking: It is now less than one year until those who have paper PS20 or PS50 notes can exchange them for polymer ones.
4. Unlimited Proof 2021 S $1 sales top 50,000 units in the first day: There were no household restrictions and first-day sales of four-coin Proof 2021 S American Innovation dollar sets surpassed 50,000 units.
3. American Eagles’ new anti-counterfeiting technology is overt and covert. The notch at six o’clock that creates a reed pattern variation, is one example of the protection American Eagles have against counterfeiting.
2. CCAC examines future programs of the U.S. Mint. Future themes for coins or medals featured prominently in the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee’s most recent annual report.
1. Shipping of 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars is now complete: For those who have ordered the coins in honor of the centennial design change, shipping is now underway.