Every week, we publish on our website selected content from the Coin World print issue as well as content that is written specifically for the online audience.
In reverse order, here are five of the most popular articles we have published in the past week.
5. CCAC takes a first look at the 2022 commemorative Program: The CCAC reviewed the designs for the three-coin 2022 Negro Baseball Leagues Centennial Program, which will offer Proof as well as Uncirculated versions.
4. 1927 Letter changed the faces of future U.S. small size notes. An October 1927 staff memo to Treasury secretary Andrew Mellon suggested portraits. Mellon modified them and Andrew Jackson was now on the $20.
3. Monday Morning Brief – Restore a Tradition. What was a great idea 40 years ago might need to be reviewed today. The return of the Assay Commission may be welcomed with public participation.
2. CCAC review designs for 2022 quarter bucks, gold medal. The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee suggested three 2022 American Women quarter-dollar designs, as well as gold medal designs.
1. Mint will offer Proof 2021–S, Reverse 2021 American Eagle Silver $1. The U.S. Mint announced August availability, but provided no further details about the Proof-2021-S American Eagle and Reverse 2021 silver dollars.